Better Energy Absorption • Less Weight • Lower Cost
The primary use of heat treated tubes is for Door Impact Beams (DIB) but there are other applications. Ex. seat frames
Technologies for NTPs Door Impact Beam manufacturing process were developed from extensive engineering by Nippon Steel. The outcome is a durable tube, combining the exceptional attributes of extreme hardness with superior elongation for good energy absorption.
Benefits and Features of NTP Door Impact Beams
- Raw material is a unique grade and is produced domestically – 100% U.S. content.
- Manufacturing process is controlled by a TS-16949 compliant quality system from steel to final product.
- Unique combination of steel specification and heat treat process assures uniform product quality and reliable performance.
- Cost competitive due to integrated production systems and rationalized processes.
- Capable of producing non-burn ends.